Civil Rights Photo Analysis
Civil Rights Movement
"I have a dream Activity"
All Due Tuesday MAY 7th
In class you will be analyzing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's speech. Below is the Activity packet in case you need to finish your questions at home. You should complete the following:
1. "Questions to Ponder" Section (Keep in Notebook)
2. Language Arts Connections (Keep in Notebook)
3. Writing Activity (Put this on a page in your notebook that you can rip out and turn in to me)
Civil Rights Project - Choose One to Complete. You will be given one day in class to work on this. If you son't complete the project in class and need internet access, schedule a time with me to stay after school.
- Poetry: Write a poem inspired by Dr. King's speech, for example: you could do an acrostic poem of his name dealing with Civil Rights events
- Create a collage: use one quote from the speech and find images to go with it. Explain on the back shy you chose each image and the significance of the quote to you.
- Presentation: Using movie maker, create a presentation using images and selected words from the speech as your visual aides. For example: Use the audio of the speech as a background to your video and illustrate with pictures that correspond with the speech